Monday, November 19, 2012

Free Night


It's Monday.  Mondays are always busy, busy in our house, and oh my gosh, I cannot believe I have not posted about this before... it is truly one of my favorite things!

FREE NIGHT!

Monday is the night where, normally, I do not cook.  I am free of cooking, and everyone else is free to eat whatever they cook for themselves.

It started because of the busy schedule.  We all ended up throwing something together quickly, usually in between volunteering and lessons or a meeting etc.  I just didn't have time between after work mom-taxi and evening schedules to cook for everyone.  It turned out as a good lesson.  My family, on occasion has to rely on themselves.  They must cook for themselves, clean up after themselves, and most gratefully of all, they must not rely on me to get it done.  :)

It has been years since Free Night started, and as young teenagers, my children know how to cook and clean for themselves.  There is no sitting around waiting for someone to do it for you.  In fact, if on another night I am running like a chicken with it's head cut off, my kids will so wonderfully come into the kitchen and make my day by saying "free night?"  Heck yes.

Monday Free Night... Grateful!



...and for this one, every meal, if given the opportunity, would include corn on the cob... 

No comments:

Post a Comment