Monday, May 14, 2012

Airplanes and Helicopters

It's been a mixed bag of emotion kind of day...one that ends with exhaustion.

The house is quiet..the silence is hanging like a wet curtain, thickening the air with a damp soberness. The helicopters and airplanes have stopped circling the fire burning just beyond us for the time being.  My head is swirling with thoughts, and again, I find myself over-full and raw with everything I feel. The sweet smell of lilies lingers throughout the hallways, a reminder of Mother's Day, and why I carry on everyday.  One foot in front of the other.

Days like today remind me to cultivate gratitude from the raw roots of my being.  Days like today remind me of the foundations of my being (or at lease a few).  A.  own your emotion.  B.  protection at any cost.  C.  when you hug someone, give them all of yourself for a few seconds, and share in the exchange of energy.  D.  Learn.  E.  Cry.  F.  See D.  G.  Return to A.  H.  Give gratitude.  I.  Carry on Forward.

The helicopters and airplanes have started again...I am grateful they fight the fire.



Until tomorrow...








No comments:

Post a Comment