Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Never Alone, Even When Lonely

I don't do religion.  I mean, I don't do the organized, judgmental hoobala of it all.  I believe what I believe and that's all there is to it.  I don't go to church, I have a very different definition of Christian.  I believe - and to me, that's all that matters.

I once read a phrase that said "what if the only things left in the world when you wake up tomorrow are the things you thanked God for today?"  And so every night, no matter what mood I am, I say thank you to Creator for the things that I need tomorrow morning.

I am grateful for the shoulders that are never too full, for the heart that always listens, and for the soul that never leaves mine when it's alone.




Do justly love mercy and walk humbly with your God, whoever that might be.

Tonight, it's just that moment with my God, and dealing with the lonely.

That's all.

No comments:

Post a Comment