Thursday, July 19, 2012

Simple Love

Last night my plans were ruined; and frankly, I was incredibly miffed about it.  I was out in the garage, sweeping and troubleshooting a treadmill that refused to work. While I was busy being mechanical, unbeknownst to me, my lab pushed open the front door, and escaped like a mad man running from Alcatraz.

I spent my evening, or an hour and a half of it, looking for my dog.  I walked... and walked... and drove, and drove.  I may have also cursed once or twice...maybe.

The good news is, I found my simple dog, lolly-gagging along a road I had driven a hundred times already, completely oblivious as to what could possibly be the matter with his choice of independent walk.  I am grateful I found him, more grateful that I found him before animal control did.

His simplicity astounds me daily.  But seriously, his love astounds me more.


And last night... I needed the simplicity of that kind of unconditional love. Shouldn't we all be so lucky as to have that kind of love?

No comments:

Post a Comment