Friday, July 6, 2012

Soft Summer Night

It's Friday night.  Finally a night without rain.  There's a camp-out in the back yard just outside my window.  I can hear the sibling whispers, and see the glow of flash lights.  

The yard work is already done, nothing will be beckoning my attention tomorrow with exception of time with my family.  A day for all of us, and for that I am grateful. 

I am in love with summer.  I am grateful for warm nights, for whispers, for dancing light, and for breathing deep. I can hear the frogs and crickets, and the yips of dogs.  As the sun goes down the coyotes will quiet the dogs...and I have bets on kids sneaking out of the tent and back into their beds.  (I am grateful for the lack of reasonable thinking at 3 a.m.).   

Wishing you a soft summer night, friends. 



No comments:

Post a Comment