Wednesday, October 24, 2012

A Thousand Things In One Lifetime


When I grew up, I wanted to be a thousand different things, all in one lifetime, and it seemed to me there was time enough. Today, I took a good look around, and was comforted in still accomplishing just that, and knowing there is still time enough. ♥

I posted this little diddy this morning on my facebook after a few thoughts entered and flowed out of my mind.  My entire life is a series of hurry up and get to the next thing.  My soul likes to experience so many things and learn, learn, teach.  Realizing there is time enough for it all is a thing of gratitude.  It is also something that makes me slow down, which I am just as grateful for.  

I have done a lot in my 36 years.  I intend to do much more.  The difference now, I feel, is in the quality, not the quantity, and also in the satisfaction.  So, here is the point where I take my time, measure, guage, and put thought into what I do, and for whom.  I really have learned a lot in my journey, and I look forward to sharing it.  I don't need to be someone's light at the end of the tunnel, just planting the thought that there is one will be enough.  (or encouraging one to drive the train even...)

I have an auspicious feeling of what's to come, and I am grateful for it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment