Friday, October 12, 2012

But I Didn't... Then I Did


Today I woke up, and wanted to stay in bed.

But I didn't.

My blankets hugged around me, tight and warm.  I hit the snooze button... a lot.  My bed bargained with me to stay.

But I didn't.

I put my feet on the floor, blinking away the dream that startled me awake and into good morning messages of victorious test results and hope.

And outside, the fog set in, glooming in the day.  It warned my mood to keep in check.  It pushed me to match it's grey.

But I didn't.

Instead I smiled, and pulled out an old plan.  I looked at that University application.

And I did.

So there's a challenge in front of me.  And I am grateful for it.

I could have ignored my day.  I could have pulled the covers over my head and shut it all out today.

But I didn't.

I moved into my day, looking to find something new. and I did.

Cultivating Gratitude; because that's what I do.






No comments:

Post a Comment