Monday, October 22, 2012

A Well Measured Monday


...what a Monday.

I was trying to find that weekend that flew by when my feet hit the floor and I poured myself into a very large cup of green tea...or eight.

I went into today looking for a fight, and tempered myself into remembering instead to look for solutions - grateful.

In fact, with many of moments today, I am grateful for my learned patience, for deep breaths before speaking - or even not speaking (yes, I can hold my words...).

And so at the end of this day, I give gratitude.  For my children, for not looking back, for strength, and for persistence, and for a lighted path - and for those who understand what that is.

And as I reflect on my day, I offer up a little more for man beside me, who kisses my forehead when he sees me struggle.  For the warm hand around my waist, and knowing where my home is.  (and grateful he's starting to feel better)

For all of the things of good measure, I am grateful.




No comments:

Post a Comment