Monday, March 5, 2012

Beautiful Eyes To See Through The White Out

Wow, Mother Nature is really sockin' it to us!  I am sure we have seen more snow in three days than we have all winter.  I am not a fan.  Actually, it makes me grumpy.

This morning, I had to venture out a little (ok, a lot) earlier than usual - as I am the driver of a 4x4 (and today, as I watch plenty of stuck vehicles spin and halt, I am grateful!), and even though the hubs has a truck, in weather like this, a two wheel drive will get him no where - literally.  One would think that being up at 4:30 in the morning would make me a little waspy.  The truth is, I wasn't thrilled, but I really didn't mind.  I mind the snow, I mind the wet, heavy drenching of it.  I mind the roads and the freezing ice on my windshield that forces me to open a window to snap the ice off the wipers.  I mind worrying about those who need to drive and work in this mess of a spring snow storm.

But all that I mind in mind, I opened the door at 4:50 a.m., and stepped into the white wonder to be met with the magnificence of a mule dear. She stood perfectly still, as shocked as I that we were close enough to face to face for both of our likings.  Her ears straight up, her eyes wide, she pounced off down the street, into the quiet blanket beyond her boundaries.

I am grateful for the magnificence of the creatures that share our space, and for the reminder to just stop for a minute to remember the beauty Mother Nature gives us among the white out that we have a hard time seeing past.  It's just a little snow, this too shall pass.




No comments:

Post a Comment