Friday, March 16, 2012

My Dad


It's my Dad's birthday today, and I am celebrating his day.  There are no words to describe the love and respect I have for him.  It is immeasurable.  It is the sun and moon, the stars and sand, the seas and soft breezes. 

My life had been filled with lessons, and for every single one of them, and for my father, I am grateful.  

Beyond teaching me to drive - and not crash into the gas pumps, and making sure I knew real men opened doors, there were lessons I learned from admiring qualities of a great man.

Patience.  Rationality.  Fairness.  Walking away when you can, and stepping into the punch when you can't.  




Grateful isn't a big enough word.  I hope my children love me just as much as I love him.


Forever Daddy's girl.



No comments:

Post a Comment