Tuesday, March 20, 2012

Truth About Friendship

Let me tell you something about friendship.  

Wait...rewind...

I don't think I need to tell most of you that read this anything about friendship, or how I feel about it.  So, yes, this blog is directed, and one person in particular, I'm sure will read it, and understand why I am so very grateful for my real friends. 

Friendship is a state of being between two people.  A state of trust and respect; of love and admiration, of mutual understanding of values and boundaries.  Friendship is not a place where defense is needed, it is not a place where humiliation is accepted.  Friendships in my life do not consist of insults.  

It never fails to fascinate me how grateful I am some days for unanswered prayers, positive energy, and a failure to accept less than admirable behavior.  It saddens me that some adults struggle with their esteem so much they feel they need to try to find humor in insults to make themselves feel better.  It also makes me wonder if they are ever going to be able to move forward - and that being said, I am grateful I know it's not my place to make sure they do. 

To my Friends, I cherish you.  

Love. 



My friends fly with me on the wind, not pull me out of the clouds. 






No comments:

Post a Comment