Thursday, March 29, 2012

It Just Gets Better With Age

This morning started out my 36th year.  My hair wouldn't do a thing, nothing fit right, I lost my keys - then my mind.  This was not how my birthday morning was supposed to be...


I got to work and one of the girls sent me an email to wish me a Happy Birthday, and I said it could only get better than my morning, as it had not been great since I got up.  She replied "at least you got up..."  Check gratefulness, and be grateful for the reminder.

Yes.  I got up.  I was gifted another birthday.  My dear friend brought me a gift that meant the world to me, my phone flooded with messages and birthday wishes. Flowers grace my table, the girlies at work shared cupcakes with me, my kids made me cards and brought me presents.  My parents brought me dinner, and we shared some tea and laughter.  My husband bought me glitter and security, and made me smile.

I got up, to life, to laughter, to hugs and kisses and a warm love filled house.  I woke up at home, and I am grateful.


I heard on the radio this morning that 33 is the best year of your life.  I thought about it.  Yes, 33 was a good year.  A very, very good year.  But this year, well...I think the old adage "it just gets better with age" applies.  Thirty six sure looks good to me.


No comments:

Post a Comment