Tuesday, August 28, 2012

All Those RAKS


"God promises that if we truly love Him, He will cause even the most terrible things in our lives to somehow be used for good." Romans 8:28


I sat down to write about this quote, and spill my cup of gratitude that is overflowing with what I have experienced in the past three weeks.  I want to tell you all about the people that have restored my faith in humanity.  I want to tell you about the moms, and the organizations, and the deliveries.  I want to tell you all about the little joys - like Cupcake Tuesdays.  I want to tell you about all the good moments.  I want to tell you about tears.  I want to tell you about love.

And I will tell you...but not tonight.

Tonight I am going to tell you that a horrible thing in someone else's life, that I am watching from the sidelines has changed me.  A horrible thing that I cannot fix, has opened a door to what I can do.  I discovered something good about myself in the process.  I am an advocate.  I am an advocate for what I can change, and what I can do to make a difference.  I am an advocate for kindness, and goodness, and getting things done; things that make the world a kinder place, and I am grateful.

There are good things among the terrible things, and all we had to do was face the horrible things with love.






No comments:

Post a Comment