Friday, August 10, 2012

Brave


Yesterday, I took my kids for a day of whatever they wanted to do.  We did a little shopping, went for lunch, and then, my son, very surprisingly, suggested we go see Brave.  I almost hit the roof with excitement at the mere suggestion of it - I even squealed like a little girl.

And so we did.  There I was, luckiest mom in the world, with a child curled up on either side, watching Disney's best movie to date.  AH-MA-ZING!



I will even admit to the tears that came from touching moments in a Disney movie.  There is no place, at that time, I would have rather been than with my kids at that movie.

My gratitude runneth over; for the day with my kids, for the suggestion to see the movie (that comes from a completely unselfish place within my son), for a Disney movie where both parents lived (!gasp!) and the beautiful princess did not get married at 16 (!thank you sensible writers!), for tears, and for the relationship between a mother and her children... Grateful doesn't even begin to touch the overwhelming emotion of my day.


No comments:

Post a Comment