Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Milk Man


I spent a better part of my evening and into this morning organizing something pretty special.  As some of you know from my other blog, Ashley is fighting cancer, right after having a baby.  Going through chemo, of course, has taken away Ashley's ability to nurse her baby girl - who, as a premie, really needs it.

So there I was, gears turning, needing to do something to feel useful...and so it began...the search for breast milk donors.

Let me tell you what happened.  The heavens opened up and sent me angels.  Angels called Moms.  My email started filling with offers to help.  Offers from all over Alberta, offering up milk, prayers, time, and love.  My heart is overflowing - and so are my eyes.  The tears of gratitude are running non stop today.

I expected a couple of my friends to respond to a request for help when I posted it on Facebook.  And of course, they did.  And so did many others.  Others I don't know, others I have never met.  Others filled with concern and kindness, instinct, protection and love.

And so, today, I am the Milk Man.  I am organizing pickups and deliveries of milk donations for baby Peytyn and her momma.  Not only does this relieve some stress for Ashley not being able to nurse, but as a premature baby with a premature digestive system, this milk donation may very well prevent a feeding tube as that tiny belly just does not do well with formula.

I emailed Ashley this morning.  She was in chemo, and waiting on test results.  She was over joyed with the response and more than grateful for those mommies out there that "just want to help, it's what mommies do".

I have been sitting in faith, waiting for God to hear our prayers, and fix this situation that clearly he couldn't have possibly intentionally put on such a beautiful person as our Ashley... I think he heard us...and I am grateful.


see the light?  me too... 


No comments:

Post a Comment