Monday, August 27, 2012

Busy Hands, Quiet Mind



Aries (Horoscope for today, August 27, 2012)
If you find yourself in a slump today, Aries, don't worry. It could be that nothing fits right or that a certain nervous, restless energy urges you to take action but uncertainty prevents you from knowing which way to turn. This combination could result in a locked-up feeling that keeps you incapable of any movement at all.


Hmm... yes, that sums it up for this morning. In fact, it sums up the whole weekend. I kept myself occupied with projects and household chores - painted the front door, baked some lemon loaf, did the yard work, prepared all the apple trees for autumn, and so on, and so on. I really had nothing to say, or write for that matter. It was a weekend full of keeping my mind occupied, and my body busy. This morning, my body is not thanking me at all for the hard work, yet my mind is in a far more peaceful place than it was all last week.

There is a satisfaction that comes in a completed project. Perhaps it is that satisfaction that quiets the mind, and makes everything that is - okay for the time being. Things will be what they will be, and you can only have control of the things in your hands. The rest is up to the universe.

Things will be what they will be... and no matter what restlessness lies within me, there will always be a door to open to keep me from the locked up feeling of it all. The only thing I can control is how it all looks on the hinges.

(...all right, it's not the best picture I have ever taken, but none the less, it's the project I have in my hands. It's an open door...and one that looks much better now than it did when I started. It lets the light in, and the breeze through. It's all in the frame of mind, and swinging hinges.)

With Gratitude...

No comments:

Post a Comment