Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Therapy Session


I had a conversation tonight with my wildly wonderful friend, Shelly.  We laughed, we joked, we were even a little...self righteously judgmental, and it was warranted.  We don't hold it against each other.  Some times you just have to get it out, and it feels so good.

It never fails that our chats turn into realizations for me, and make me feel as if I have just spent an hour or twelve with a therapist, uncovering secrets and thoughts I would never dare to share.


Tonight I am grateful for "being on the couch" and the freedom to say what I need to, and for the simple words "are you okay, my friend?".

The spirits knew all about our friendship...long before we did.  



1 comment:

  1. Gah. I just read this again. And I just love it again. What a gift you are to me.

    ReplyDelete