Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Cupcake Tuesdays


Ashley told me a story today.  It was both sad and terrifying.

Another patient, diagnosed with the same cancer as her own, has come to the end of her battle.  This wickedly evil cancer has swiftly made it's way through this young woman's body, invading her liver, her spleen, her brain, and her pancreas.  She has been given mere days to make her peace with the Earth.  She will leave behind a family, including a ten year old, and a fourteen month old.  It's heart breaking, and filled with sadness that would fill the seas.

This cancer...it terrifies me.  It makes me stop breathing.  Every Tuesday, I ask Ashley about her test results, and I hold my breath.  And every time it is good news, I want to throw confetti and toot horns, and dance with reckless abandon.  I want to celebrate every single good news Tuesday.  We decided tonight, Ashley and I, that every Tuesday shall be celebrated with a cupcake.

First of all... it's a cupcake!  We shall have our cake and eat it too.  And every Tuesday in this battle, we will celebrate life.  We will celebrate the battle, the defiance, and the will.  And every Tuesday, we will offer a prayer, and celebrate life for those who can't.  I am looking forward to Tuesday already.

We invite you, dear friends, to grab a cupcake for Cupcake Tuesday.  Hold up in the air, knowing we are doing the same, celebrate your life, and whisper, yell or shout "Cheers!".


No comments:

Post a Comment