Sunday, September 9, 2012

A Lucky Break


I read a funny little diddy once, I think of it often.  It was about a man who prayed and prayed to God "please Lord, just let me win the lottery."  Every day and every night this man got on his knees and begged his God.  He went for weeks, months and even years praying to win, and never won a penny.

After years of his begging, pleading and prayers, the Lord took pity on the man.  As he kneeled in his prayer,  this man heard the voice of his God.   "In order to win the lottery, you must but a ticket".

I give gratitude for verses such as this when I fall into the mood I am in.  I am thankful for the lesson to give myself the opportunity to win the lottery.  

I found myself, many a time in the past few weeks and months, begging for the lottery so to speak.  I have been drowning myself in prayer of change and new beginnings.  I feel that I have bought the proverbial ticket, and I am just sitting around waiting on the power ball...

But I also find myself wondering tonight why I can't feel the need for fulfillment without this looming guilt of ungratefulness?  It is not that I am ungrateful for what I have or the circumstances I live in.  Goodness knows my life is golden in it's first world problems comparatively.  I don't need or want more.  I seek a fulfillment and satisfaction in my personal being and a path to take without having to forge one every single time on my own.  That is the lottery I seek - just a lucky break.  The right time, at the right place.  Some sort of opening in time that rings the bell telling me "this is your moment!".  Come on, God... I've bought my ticket.  









No comments:

Post a Comment