Thursday, September 13, 2012

Teeth and Faces


This is the time of the night when it starts.

The laughter.  The giggling.  The things they forgot to tell each other throughout the rest of the day.

This is the time where my pretty girl brushes her teeth and washes her face, and my handsome boy lingers at the bathroom door waiting for his turn.  It doesn't seem to matter that there's two other bathrooms unused in this house.

They tease each other with hugs and jokes, and with no one watching, they just really enjoy each other's company.

I have been blessed with children who truly enjoy being siblings.  They don't fight, they rarely bicker, and their love for each other is unmatched.  They have the relationship I had always wanted with my own sibling and never had.  I am so grateful they have a friend in each other, and that nothing in the whole world could ever come between them.

I am grateful for the nine o'clock hour every night, and for the siblings lingering in the bathroom.

Now if I could just get them to rinse out the sink when they are done...  ;)

Wishing you the purity of such a friendship.





No comments:

Post a Comment