Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Silent Noise


My ears are thudding tonight, reciprocating every single sound like tornadoes against drums.

Tonight, once again, I am grateful for dim salt lamps, and the irony of the silent noise in this room.

There are memorials around the world tonight, words of remembrance and hopes of peace.  There are tears and still unmended broken hearts.  And among it all, there is an eerie lack of attention to an event that changed the world.  Perhaps it's a sign of moving on.  Maybe a decade and year is the presidential prescribed time for healing.  Seems odd with all the fighting still going on... Wouldn't we all be grateful to see an end.

Today was a reminder to be excited for all the tiny moments that I get to celebrate.  Be excited to plan a trip, be happy you have someone to miss, be thrilled for the longing.  Rejoice in bed time kisses, and wallow in hugs and I love yous.  My world carries on, and I am grateful to be alive and well in it.

Be grateful for the struggle.  It means your still alive to fight.





No comments:

Post a Comment