Monday, September 17, 2012

Chasing The Bear


Everyone who knows me well knows I have a love for bears.  They are a symbol of innate power to me.  
  • Because the bear is cautious, it encourages discernment to humankind.
  • Because of a fierce spirit, the bear signals bravery to those who require it.
  • Because of its mass and physical power, the bear stands for confidence and victory.
  • Because it prefers peace and tranquility (in spite of its size), Bear calls for harmony and balance.

I'm pretty sure I was a bear in a former life, and carry it with me a totem in this one.   ;)
~
I have a new ritual.  Every trip where I head to the mountains in our backyard, I commemorate my trip with a bear carved out of stone.  

It started in the spring when the the kids and I went to Banff.  It was part of our shopping.  It's an adventure, going in and out of the shops, searching for the perfect bear for that trip - an adventure I am grateful for.  The time spent in the search is more valuable than the find itself.



"A bear lifted me up so I could see all the Earth..." (Full Mouth, Crow)

And isn't it a funny thing that I always see more of the Earth from a point in the sky 
when I am chasing the bear. 

No comments:

Post a Comment