Monday, September 17, 2012

Old Fort Point, Japer


A seven kilometer hike, gaining an elevation of 3805 ft, to Old Fort Point overlooking all of Jasper.

Sweaty.  Short of breath.  Out of shape!

I forced myself to climb this rock in front of me (ok, a lot of prodding and "get up here"s from Brody), to this...


...grateful for the prodding despite the elevation butterflies...

And hiked onward, and upward.  Some of us, a little easier than others. 

Seriously?  They are skipping...


Did I mention the gain in elevation of 3805 feet? 

The hill crests.  And you climb up... all the way to the top, just to say you did, and you turn around and see this...


Exhilarating, Breath taking. Satisfying
Grateful.

And I would hike this path a thousand more times to sit on top of the world, and look down on this treasure.  


We did it. 


No comments:

Post a Comment