Monday, June 18, 2012

Good Fathers

Alright, this whole writing block is starting to irritate me.  I didn't even take the time yesterday for the most apparent post - gratitude on Father's Day.

But on the bright side, instead of writing about it, I was busy cooking for it, or should I say, them.  I cooked a dinner for the good fathers in my life.  My dad (parents) joined us for a lasagna dinner and a good visit.  Without on shadow of a doubt, I am most grateful for my father, the lessons he has taught me, and his love.  But more than just my gratitude for my own dad, I must say that I am filled with gratitude for the father of my children, for the man that shares my home and heart and my children, and for all good fathers out there.

Thank you to all of the men who have stood their ground as a parent, for the good of their children.  Thank you to all of those who have filled your hearts with unconditional love for your children, and hold their best interest in the highest regard.  Thank you to any of you who have ever struggled, yet never let it affect your love for your children.  Anyone can be a father, but it takes a great man to be a Dad.

Belated Happy Father's Day to all the deserving fathers in my life, and in yours.  May your treasured ones have as much gratitude for you as I do for mine.


No comments:

Post a Comment