Monday, June 11, 2012

Procrastination and Avoidance

I am doing some work...personal life work.  I have discovered (in some other personal life work) the cause of a big stress in my life - procrastination and avoidance...

It's like bitch and bitchier.  They are like the bully duo in junior high that don't let you walk down the hallway without almost having a stroke from anxiety.  Here's the deal... I procrastinate, which fills me with guilt, that results in avoidance, that results in anxiety.  Evil bully bitches.

The ironic part is - I learned looooooooooooooong ago how to deal with bullies, and here I am, allowing myself to be bullied...by me.  How did that happen?

So, in the work, I have learned to face it (whatever IT is), get it over with, and move on.  It conquers the anxiety, it fights the demon, and stuffs the bully in a locker.  

I stuffed a bully in a locker today... and I am grateful.


Maybe tomorrow...I could get my mail... maybe.



No comments:

Post a Comment