Friday, June 29, 2012

Outdoor Meditation

So, here I am, home alone again.  I was determined to sit down and write something - perhaps even something brilliant.  I sat down...nothing.  So I decided to think on it.  I went outside and did some outdoor meditation, otherwise known as mowing the lawn.

No really.

And instead of percolating brilliance, my head filled with random thoughts, none of them really brilliant, however, the lesson in them worthy.  When I say random, I mean it... completely random...

1.   No matter who you become, who you were in school will forever define you in some people's eyes.  It is these people who are truly sad.

2.  I am still really angry with my brother, and I dislike the allowance of the anger.

3.  I really don't want to be bored on a long weekend.  I must find something to occupy my time.

4.  I can count my true friends on one hand, and have a handful of strings to let go of in the other.  I heard a quote this week that was something like "we hold on to people that treat us poorly"...true story, and guilty as charged. I seem to return to the one way street like a familiar path to home.

5.  I really wish I had the affordability to just get on a plane and fly away for the weekend.

6.  I need to buy myself some new summer clothes.  Maybe a sundress or two... and those shorts I saw.

7.  I really want a slurpee.  Really.


8.   And maybe some popcorn.

9.  I want Reese Witherspoon's hair...and someone to style it for me every day.

10.  Bug spray and sweat... ick.

Return to 4. 7. 1. 2. 3. 2. 1. 4. 5. 4. 7. 7. 8. 7. 9. 7. 7. 7. ..


So, here I sit, with my slurpee, and fresh cut lawn, and a handful of random thoughts, all of which I am grateful for.

Witherspoon movie and popcorn? Yes, I think so.


No comments:

Post a Comment