Friday, April 6, 2012

Drive Time

It's late, again.  I am up, celebrating the full moon, and what a wondrous day it's been.  I can tell you all what you are expecting for tonight's gratitude.  You are expecting me to be grateful for new hair days, and a day that I spent with some very special girls, and the time to do a little shopping...

I am.

But...

I drove today, an hour and a half to my destination, an hour and a half home.  Alone.  Alone with my thoughts.  I find the time alone, inside of my own head fascinating.  I feel my emotions with the sonorous vibe emanating out of my skin.  I can hear my own emotions... And I take comfort in there being no one there to judge me, or what I feel, or what I think.  I am grateful for time alone, with my thoughts.

It's almost like being in another world.  Sometimes, it's like being in a world I am not otherwise allowed to be in.  Sometimes.

Just a thought.


No comments:

Post a Comment