Tuesday, April 10, 2012

Momma's Day

She says she wasn't going to celebrate her birthday this year... but I told her she was being ridiculous.  Today is my momma's birthday.  And I am celebrating with her, not for her, and that makes all the difference.  I have my mom, in the same town, just a phone call away.  I can see her pretty much whenever I want.  I am a lucky, lucky girl.

My mom is the one person who can understand me when I am crying uncontrollably, console my heart, be stern enough to get me off the floor, and laugh with me when sleep deprivation sets in.  I can lay in her lap and she will still run her fingers through my hair if that's what I need that day.

My momma has been the best example of what kind of mother I want to be, and I am so grateful for her.  Without my momma, I would be lonely... I would be a different person today without her in my life, and today is her day!

I will chef up a dinner and shower her with love, and pray she taught me well enough to be as good a mother as she still is today.




No comments:

Post a Comment