Monday, April 2, 2012

Not Even Closetiest

A long, long time ago, I started a game with my kids.  We call it "I love you more".

It used to go like this... "I love you more than my dirty socks."  "Yeah, well I love you more than rotten apples."  "Yes, but I love you more than dad's dirty underwear."  Clearly the grossest one won.  It was fun, and light hearted and always brought out smiles and love.  

Years have passed, and we have never stopped playing I love you more.  But it has evolved into this loving game... I need it like a body needs water.  

Now it sounds like this..."I love you more than the moon."  "I love you more than chocolate."  "I love you more than I love anything else in the whole world".  The more over the top, the better... It's a nightly bedtime routine with my girlie for sure.  

Every night, I tuck her into bed, and she says, "I love you".

"I love you more" I reply. 

"I love you mostiest."

"Not even closetiest..."

I always win.  Cuz I'm the mom, and there is no greater love.  Not even closetiest.  


No comments:

Post a Comment