Thursday, April 19, 2012

Footprints In The Sands Of Time

I bought a pair of these once for a special friend of mine.  That friendship, I think at times, kept me alive inside when it was dark and twisty.  I am grateful I had her then.  I still miss her terribly in dark and twisty days.

I remember her face when she opened the box.  I remember how much she loved them, and how happy it made me to see her smile.

I later bought a pair for myself.

I think they might be my favorites.

Maybe it's because they are pretty, and they fit just right once they are on.  Maybe it's every story, for every scuff on the toes, or why I won't polish them.  Maybe it's the stars that are hidden by jeans - but I know they are there. 

Every time I look at them, I remember her dancing.  I remember the nights we used to stumble around together.  I remember the laughter.  I remember "uh oh..she's got her boots on..." 


Maybe...they are my favorites for what I miss so much.  


"If you want to leave foot prints in the sands of time, make sure you are wearing your boots".
And we did. 
And I am grateful. 





No comments:

Post a Comment