Sunday, April 1, 2012

Sunday's Sentence

My day was filled with moments that made me smile and filled me with gratitude.

Waking up to way too much snow for a spring morning, and taking the time to build a snow man to spite it all.


Splashing through slush puddles, covering the truck and any other vehicle we passed with muddy, slushy water, and laughing hysterically. 

Cooking a meal that ends with fingers wiping pans for just one more taste. 

And yet... one more moment stands out.  One sentence even.  One sentence among the regular routine of every other Sunday.  Before going for groceries, I asked hubs if he needed anything.  He kissed my hand and said "just for you to come home to me".  It lingers like a whisper in my ear, and fills me with love.  After five years, it still gives me butterflies.  And I am grateful. 



No comments:

Post a Comment