Wednesday, January 25, 2012

Break in the Fog

I find, sometimes, that my mood and experiences of my day tend to fog my perception.

Today is foggy.  It's clouded by selfish presumptuousness, boredom, and tedious flippancy.  I am irritated.  That's the whole of it.

My break in the fog is the selfless act of my daughter.  A few days ago, she started making and selling friendship bracelets, with all the proceeds going to Cause for Critters and another animal charity.  Today she signed up to volunteer at one of the animal shelters.  I am so proud of her, and her selfless actions to help out a good cause.  I am grateful I have instilled values and a desire to help others.  I hope she carries it with her always.



I am grateful for a break in the fog, and hope some light shines through soon.

No comments:

Post a Comment