Monday, January 23, 2012

My 12 Steps to Serenity

"God grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference."  

This is my new mantra that I am grateful for.  And no, it didn't come with twelve steps...but then again perhaps it should have.  I could use twelve steps right about now. 

12 Steps Of Being Me

1.  I have accepted a Power greater than myself into my life.    
2.  I have accepted my short comings and admitted humbly that I am not perfect, but I will try to be a better person every day.  I will do this for myself.  
3.  I have decided no one shall have my power or energy without my consent.
4.  I have accepted I am beautiful beyond what a magazine shows me.
5.  I have accepted my brilliance is a gift, not a tool of intimidation.  
6.  I have accepted I cannot fix people, and I do not have to. I will not carry the burdens of others. 
7.  I have decided my life is a journey; one for me to learn, laugh and love.  Even the detours will prove experience worthy. 
8.  I have decided I do not need to back down when supporting my own best interest.  I am allowed to be right when I am right.
9.  I will apologize when I am wrong.
10.  I have accepted I am strong enough to be on my own, love myself enough to enjoy time on my own, and loving enough of others to share myself when I decide to.  
11.  I will make time for myself, meditation and my God, and in that, I will find peace. 
12.  I will forever remember there must be an "I" before there can ever be a "we". 


This is going on my fridge.  I just decided.  And with these steps comes Serenity.  That was much easier than I anticipated.  


And when there is a bend in the road along the journey, just follow the steps.  






2 comments: