Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Extremely Loud...Incredibly Close

Well, I have not a darn thing to say tonight... nothing profound to be found tonight.

I think, I will just curl up with a book in bed, and call this day done.  I picked up a new book to pour into, and I can't wait to get past page three without someone interrupting me, and I am grateful to be reading it with a friend - I love book talk.  



Extremely Loud & Incredibly Close

The title couldn't be closer to some of my feelings.  Yesterday, Shelly and I mused over the word "sonorous".  It's a word that means deep resonating sound, like the echo of a cave.  I think it perfectly describes some things I have been feeling lately.   Extremely loud...incredibly close... Voices in my head, extremely loud.  Incredibly close to finding some emotion.  And a sonorous rumble in my soul...  I am grateful for the rumble, and I am grateful today for Shelly's blog post that stirred some emotion, and welled my eyes with tears.  "Follow me" ... sonorous.  Read it, you will be grateful. 




I will be grateful, I think, if any of this makes any sense at all tonight.  


1 comment:

  1. Thank you, sweetheart. It's a beautiful word, and now that I've been introduced to it, "sonorous" would have been the perfect word to choose in order to describe that voice. I will be checking out that book, for sure. xo.

    ReplyDelete