Tuesday, January 24, 2012

A Good Night's Sleep

Last night, I was bed in 9:15.  I was asleep by 9:16.    I am grateful for nine hours of almost uninterrupted sleep. Still, ten after six came too quickly.   

Continually interrupted sleep for a week before wreaks havoc on my system.  

Here's what happens when I deprive myself of sleep.  First of all, my immune system checks out in an act of rebellion.  My emotions hit a low of  an over tired three year old.  I tend to get angry/upset/laugh hysterically/talk incessantly faster than I can manage - reasonably.  My muscles tense, I become irrational, and my head screams like a monster in a jar.

Needless to say, I try to keep my sleep in check.  I look forward to bedtime.  I crave it.  Needless to say, so does everyone else.  I mean that everyone else appreciates when I get adequate sleep as well.  

And pumpkin hour approaches... but I wanted to stay up to try to catch the lights of the solar storm... I fear turning into a rat tomorrow... oh the choices.  Tick Tock... 








No comments:

Post a Comment