Saturday, January 21, 2012

Do We Have Any Faith?

"Have some faith" I told my son.

He cocked his head at me.  "What does it look like? What does it smell like?  What does it taste like?  Do we have any of that here?"

He was being funny, and certainly knows there is no shortage of Faith in our house, and for that I am eternally grateful.  Without Faith, what would we have?

But it poses an interesting question.  If you had to make Faith tangible, what characteristics would it have?

I think, it would be illuminated, like a night light in the dark.  It would be a tall figure, with wide shoulders, strong enough to help me carry my burdens.  It would a sound like trains in the night, and midsummer rainstorms, but still be capable of the most immensely peaceful quiet.  It would feel like pure water, running gently over your hand.  It would smell like red roses in the morning, and a freshly bathed baby at night.  It would have a smile of a wondering child, and eyes of a wise elderly man.  And if it had a taste...it would taste like... butterscotch wafer candies.

Boy, faith is pretty great. :)

If you had to make your faith tangible, what would it be?






No comments:

Post a Comment