Sunday, January 8, 2012

Restraint

Restraint:  The loss or abridgment of freedom; Control or repression of feelings.  

And an "aha!" moment.

I have taught myself a lot of restraint in the past...let's say...5 years.  I have learned to restrain over zealousness, I have learned to restrain impulse.  I have learned to restrain anger, and I have learned to restrain words that have bite, that break windows of glass houses.  For the most part, I am grateful for the restraint I have learned, and for the application of restraint in my life.  It is very hard, continuous work.

But there are days...  Lord, are there days...

I used to be a very passionate person; very emotional, very involved, very intense.

Used to be...

Hmmmmmmmmmm.

Is it possible, that the restraint that I have worked so hard to implement in my life has cast a shadow over my emotional self?  Have I learned so much restraint, that my emotions are now restrained?  Am I ok with that?  Is being controlled, even by oneself, something to be grateful for?

The "aha" moment?  Is it that I am lonely for my passionate, feeling, emotional self?  Yes...Yes I am.


Time to get off the fence... and reacquaint myself with a lack of restraint. And when I find my voice again, I will be Grateful.  



No comments:

Post a Comment