Thursday, January 26, 2012

Music Make Me Loose Control

I wrote a fairly dark post earlier today.  And I let it sit and brew.  I didn't like it.  I didn't like my mood.

Then I turned on some loud, angry music.  I let it fill my ears and my head, and I let the thudding beat drown out my own thoughts. 

I am grateful for music that makes me move.  Move forward.  I am grateful for the beat, and the lyrics, and the rhythm.  I am grateful for the music while I walk, and when I run, when I climb.

I will post some of my earlier blog, while I try to run away from my thoughts... treadmill here I come...



(you didn't really think I would put a picture of me on the treadmill did you?)




Dark Days Are Hard Work



Being a well rounded person is hard.  That's what I think today.  It's just plain hard work.

I am grateful for resilience.

Trying to keep on a smile despite a dark day is hard.

I am grateful for inner strength.

Looking toward the future when you are stuck in an unsatisfactory present is hard; it's harder when you have one foot in the past.

I am grateful I had a past that held lessons on my personal journey.

Attempting to be confident when there are more facets of life weighing in on the scale of uncertainty - hard.

I am grateful for confidence that sticks- no matter what.

Knowing what I need versus what I want - yeah, the knowing is the hard part.

I am grateful for knowing what I want - and what I need.


...It just got ugly after this... time to run away from the thoughts.




No comments:

Post a Comment