Tuesday, January 10, 2012

Puzzles of Non-Sensicle Nightmares

After a very long night of gripping fear, sonorous winds, and ridiculous non-sensicle random thought, I am grateful for the break of day and reality.

My night was long, and dark despite the full moon in the sky.  My muscles rejected the energy being forced through them, making the nightmares in my head not only terrifying, but fitful.  There were voices, and animals, and faceless people, clocks ticking, a gypsy market, a healer, an accomplice, a missed time and place to be...and... a sausage roll.  Yes.  A sausage roll.

I don't know...

I always try to put the puzzles together the morning after, even though, most times, there's no way any of it could ever make sense.  I remember a few months ago, every dream I had included Steve Buscemi.  No, I hadn't watched a movie with him in it, I hadn't read anything, I hadn't even thought, nor would I think of Steve Buscemi unless playing some twisted Hollywood trivia game.  All I could say was "why Steve Buscemi?"

How does our cerebral cortex come up with the things we dream?  What synapse fires to place me in a gypsy market (do I even know what that is?) beside 7/11, meeting a healer who instead of healing, puts me to sleep somehow, waking groggy, confused and very, very angry and afraid.  And...what in the heck does a sausage roll have to do with anything and why is it scary?  Oh I would love to have someone explain this to me without laughing hysterically.

Oh my... yes, I am grateful for reality.

 Yep, it makes as much as sense as this puzzle - 
all the pieces are different, yet the same, and capable of paralyzing fear.  

2 comments:

  1. This post made me laugh, and empathize (deeply), and think. It also expanded my vocabulary - I've never come across the word 'sonorous' before. :) I'm so grateful for your daily postings, and for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well hindsight is a wonderful thing... the sausage roll has been making me laugh allll day.

    And I think "sonorous" is a good word for some of things we feel sometimes - when we feel it so deep and loud, like the echo in a cave.

    love you!

    ReplyDelete