Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Pressure Points

Have you ever touched your pain? 

Of course you have.  We, as humans, do it by instinct.  As soon as we feel pain, we reach for it, we cover it, we try to soothe it.  We try to redirect energy through ourselves to ease the sharpness.  Sometimes, all we have to do, is put our finger on it, gently, and push.  Push through the pain.

And isn't this how we move forward?  Push through the pain to a new place of peace?  

I woke up this morning with an ache behind the mask that stared at me from the mirror.  Dull, aching in the arches of my facial structure.  I lifted warm fingers to my face, placing them in the shadows and bridges that line my face.  I filled the ache with pressure, pointing at the pain, and pushing through it.  I could feel my pulse through my finger tips, thudding in panic.  As I let go, I could feel the release of the ache, and a sensation of peace fill the place where pain used to be.  It's an inexplicable peculiarity of sensation.  Pressure added to ache, forcing the pain out, releasing in peace.  

Pressure points in our beings, with a purpose of peace...I am grateful for them, and for the peace that can be reached when you push through the pain.




"Om Mani Padme Hum" 
 It's an old Tibetan mantra that brings my soul peace, when the pain and pressure are both too much for the shadows and bridges.  Quiet compassion for the pain, and a silent request for self awareness and peace. 



Where are your points of pain, and how much pressure have you got to push through the pain?  Sometimes, it just takes time.  Sometimes the pain reappears in a new place, hoping you can't catch it.  Push through, the release will be there, sooner or later.  Have Faith.  Let strength rise out of the pain into peace.  When all else fails, have quiet compassion for your pain, let it be, and give it time.



2 comments:

  1. Completely love this one! And the new look!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am not so sure I enjoy the new look. It's certainly not as user friendly as the basic templates. The "share" button and "next blog" buttons are non existent, and that makes me snarly. I have been trying to figure it all out...with no luck :(

    ReplyDelete