Monday, October 24, 2011

Just Breathe...and Listen

So, I've been thinking... I have spent a better part of my adult life watching what I eat, or working out, or dieting... blah, blah, blah...  Thing is, I may go through the motions, but I really don't pay attention to my body.  My body, for the most part, is healthy - despite an extra couple of pounds and some blown out knees.  But all in all, I am rarely ill, I eat well, and yes, I am ok with enjoying a bowl of ice cream.  I am well... ish, and i figured out recently what the "ish" is.  I often forget to "just breathe", and I stack pain, anger and hurt in different areas and ignore it.  Hmmmmm...

I went for a massage tonight... and remembered to breathe into the pain.  I think it's time to open up to yoga.

I am grateful for the reminder to breathe...breathe through emotion, and listen to my body.  It's time.


No comments:

Post a Comment