Sunday, October 9, 2011

My Family Dynamic



Family: a basic social unit consisting of parents and their children, considered as a group, whether dwelling together or not.


Dynamic: Of or relating to energy or to objects in motion, Characterized by continuous change, activity, or progress.

My Family Dynamic: a unit of parents and their children, constantly in motion, changing and progressing... together.

I have a non traditional family, and for that I am more grateful than I ever dreamed possible. People often question how my family works, they raise eyebrows at our formation, and there is chatter about our cluster. When I talk family, I am talking about those immediate in my life, every day, intertwined and always moving in a forward direction.



I was married, and had two children. Their father and I divorced. He married my good friend who has three girls of her own. I also remarried, and welcomed a step son. My second husband was also married before, and had step children in his first marriage, one of which is actively part of our current family. It's complicated, and some days requires a map for explanation. However, within this conglomerate of people, there is something rare. There is unity, there is peace, there is friendship, and there is love. And, above all else, it works.

When you are growing up, and you dream about marriage and family, no one can ever expect what life is going to put on your plate. I am grateful we have all learned to always see Thanksgiving Dinner on our plates, to always dive in with grace in our hearts. To my family, in all of it's glorious complication, I am grateful, you make me whole.

P.S... There will be a picture of my family to follow.. I will get it one day, even if it kills me. <3




No comments:

Post a Comment