Monday, October 17, 2011

Raindrops on Roses and Whiskers on Kittens


Raindrops on roses and whiskers on kittens, bright copper kettles, and warm woolen mittens... Brown paper packages tied up in string...      These are some favorite things, but their not mine...

One more time ...   Popcorn and Pepsi, and chocolate in coffee, goose down duvets and soft gooey toffee... Laughter in movies, and time on my own, I love to send emails, not talk on the phone..
My children, their laughter it pulls at my heart strings, we dance in the kitchen, we jump off the park swings. We watch when there's thunder and shout ooohhhss and aaahhssss, and when it's too cold out, we drink cocoa through straws.  When the frost bites, when the geese fly, when our heart won't sing, I have tea with miss Bradshaw, and watch Rosie O, and find smiles in my few simple things.....

For all the above, and my ability to rhyme, and for knowing not all things must be profound, I am grateful.

P.s... I really do love whiskers on kittens. Who doesn't?


No comments:

Post a Comment