Sunday, October 16, 2011

Tea With Carrie Bradshaw

So, here I am, curled up in my chair, having a cup of tea. But this cup of tea...this cup is different.  Every time I see this cup, I smile.  It's sparkly, and red, and the rim on the inside is filled with all things Big Apple.   It's my own little piece of New York, Bradshaw style.

The mug, yes, is actually from New York.  The memory of the vicarious trip via text with one of my very best friends, Tanya, will reside in that cup.  She went recently, for ten days, and I promise you, she will go back, with me... perhaps on our way to Italy.  She visited places like Central Park, and Ground Zero, and had pizza in Grenwich Village.  I was dying of envy, and also of laughter every time she would text me with a story of where she was.  My love for New York and Carrie Bradshaw pale in comparison to the love I have for my friend.

For anyone that is a fan of Sex in the City, you know Carrie Bradshaw.  She writes, she speaks her mind, she has great shoes, she has Big, and above all else, she would stop the world for her girlfriends.  I relate to her, I adore her.  So tonight, I sit and write, with a hundred things on my mind.  I have my sparkly mug by my side... I shall call it Bradshaw.  I am having tea with Bradshaw.  I am one lucky girl.

I am grateful for Bradshaw, and more than ever, I am grateful for my beautiful friend Tanya, who brought a little piece of her travels home to share with me.

She said the pizza she had in the Village was the best she'd ever had.  My response? "One day, when we are sitting at a little table, outside a pizza place in a village in Italy, you will say, I thought the Pizza in Grenwich Village was the best pizza I had ever had... until today"  I can't wait for "today".



1 comment:

  1. I totally enjoyed this post, Jenn. :)

    And funny, I have the whole boxed set of Sex & the City....and was thinking about starting it again tonight.

    ReplyDelete