Monday, October 31, 2011

Winds of Change

The winds outside tonight are blowing strong.  I can't help but sense some change in them once again.  Perhaps blowing out October, moving our warm afternoons further away, blowing in cooler November days and preparing us for an approaching season.

I must say, it is one thing I enjoy the sound of - from a light breeze to a rattling wind.  I love the sound of leaves moving and air flowing.  I love the swirling, and the sweeping chaos, that inevitably ends in a stillness.  I admire trees that stand back up, strong and tall, after being bent past what you thought possible.  It is one of the reasons I have an affinity for trees and their character.  

I am grateful for winds of change, and I have faith the change will be good.  We could all use a little newness.  Welcome November.



2 comments:

  1. Oh, Jenn, I live two hours away from you.... and the winds were here tonight as well. They instantly affected me, and feelings swept through me, but in an unsettling and slightly haunted way.

    ReplyDelete