Sunday, October 23, 2011

Oh, Take a Hike and Walk About It.

I took a hike.  It was warm today, and I headed to the river valley instead of my five miles.  I love hiking,  and I am grateful for it's grounding and clarity.

I ran my hands over the softened seeds of western wheat grass, over grown and unattended,  and as high as my hips.  I pulled at them, making bouquets of seeds and throwing them like confetti.  I stopped here and there, snapping pictures, and breathing away all of the over emotion of yesterday.  It was necessary, and healing, and it made me feel...renewed.

I watched a hawk in a tree today, and it watched me.  It watched me, carefully, studying it, and snapping pictures.  It fanned its wings, almost in slow motion, daring my photo shoot to capture it.




 It whispered, "follow me", caught a breeze, and soared into a blue sky in gentle perfection.
 Peaceful purpose.  




I am sitting here, now, beside a crackling fire, peaceful in my thoughts, and warm from the flames licking at the wood, throwing sparks and dancing like sprites.  I am so grateful for feeling grounded, and also for this nagging feeling that something is calling me.  Until whatever that is becomes a little more clear, I will just enjoy the solace of my afternoon.




No comments:

Post a Comment