Friday, October 7, 2011

Slow Down, You Go To Fast...

It's day two of my project, and I have been so excited for this morning to come, just so I could write.  Thing is, I've put it off for so long, that I have a long list of things to write about to choose from.  I have had to practice a great deal of restraint, stopping myself from sitting down playing catch up with my thoughts.  


I often tell myself to slow down, and stop trying to go so fast, living life at a pace that speeds days into weeks and weeks into months.  Slow down, you go to fast...  I am grateful for moments that slow me down.  


The night before last, I was gifted with a moment that slowed me down, and it has lingered with me for two days now.  It was filled with simplicity and love, and I long for more moments just like that.  It was a long day; a doozie of a day that I just wanted to be over.  I was on my way to bed, and my husband stood and held me so close I could feel our hearts beating together, and if I tried to break away, he held tighter, and in mere seconds, I felt myself whispering in my head "don't let go, don't let go".  Slow down... let the moment be.  Remember the feeling of your heart pounding and let it fill your body.  Let the sound of love's silence fill your ears and breathe it in.  


I am grateful for my husband, and for moments that slow me down.  Learn restraint, slow down, don't go so fast; we have plenty of time.  


The sun is just coming up over the horizon. I think I'll watch it climb - slowly. 





1 comment: