Saturday, February 4, 2012

Everyday Simplicity

Ok, so... it's ten o'clock at night...

I really have nothing profound to say.  Really.  It's true.  I've been sitting here, staring at the screen, with not much on my mind. I had a full day of every day weekend stuff - cooking, cleaning, volunteering at the animal shelter, a ladies night cancer fundraiser with friends - and I am just tired.

There's something to be said to the simplicity of everyday life.  I watched an interview today with Sean Penn  in Haiti, two years since an earthquake destroyed Port of Prince.  It was like being slapped with a reminder of gratitude for the simplicity of our every day lives.  I am sitting here, typing on my lap top, sitting in my chair, in a warm house, in a fuzzy sweater, secure in my health, safety, and comforts.  For every one of my comforts, I am grateful.  I am grateful for the simplicity I normally take for granted.  I mean, really, that's the whole point of this blog right?

I have running water - and I am grateful.  My children are here with me, and I am grateful.  I have food and clothes, and a job, and furniture and pets.  I have the ability to have a simplistic, happy life.  I am grateful  I know better than to be ungrateful.  Well, would you look at that... I had something profound hiding in there all along.



It's all about the everyday simplicity, home safe home, and realization.  

No comments:

Post a Comment