Monday, February 6, 2012

Fresh Sheets and Sound Sleep

Wow, did I sleep.  I slept so soundly and comfortably.  I attribute it to fresh, flannel sheets and crisp pillow cases.  There is nothing like sleeping in fresh bedding.  The smell of the dryer sheets still lingering in the creases of the sheets, the pillow fresh and cool.

I am grateful for fresh linens, warm beds, and sound snoozes.  I actually had to talk myself out of bed this morning - that's how comfortable I was.  I was making myself personal deals and guarantees to seal the deal of facing Monday.  "Come on... you can do it.  It's only a three day week for you at work, then it's off to Banff.  If you work until five tonight, you can sleep for an extra half hour... Nah...you don't want to work until five.  Get up... Come on..."  Soooooo comfortable in my clean flannel sheets.  So grateful for a good night's sleep.

And when I did get up - finally - there was freshly baked banana bread.   Want to know why?  Because I baked it - that's why.  And it was goooooood.

Gooo -ood morning, friends.


P.s.  I miss green grass and summer mornings. 

P.s.s.  For the record, I have never hung my sheets on a clothes line in this life time, but I sure do like the story in my head that matches this picture.  

It's going to be a great week, I can tell.  

No comments:

Post a Comment