Friday, February 3, 2012

Laughter Is The Best Medicine

What a long, trying week.  I was grateful for the fact of it being Friday.  I really didn't even need much more to keep me happy today.  My day was great.  It was busy, and a good news kind of day.  It was full of smiles and keeping busy and being productive.

Then there was tonight.  Honestly, I had almost forgotten we were going out for dinner.  Birthday dinner for my amica stretta.  That alone would have been enough to make my day.  I adore her. But instead, there was more company; wonderful, real, life filled people.  We laughed and joked, told stories and ate good food.  My face actually aches from the smiling and laughter.  I am grateful for the ache in my face, the creases that sting, and the pang in my cheeks.

I am so grateful for laughter.  It truly is the cure all.  My week behind me is just a memory, and tomorrow - well I look forward to the pain all over again.

Here's to a wonderful evening, filled with wonderful people, just enjoying space together.

Cheers!


No comments:

Post a Comment